Rebecca Martin is a litigation special counsel in Fried Frank's New York office. Her practice focuses on representing corporations, financial institutions, investment managers, private equity funds, directors, and senior management across a broad range of commercial disputes, including M&A litigation, securities litigation and shareholder class actions, antitrust litigation, bankruptcy litigation, and real estate litigation. Rebecca has represented clients in state, federal, and bankruptcy courts.
- Defense of private equity fund, its parent company and two members of senior management against federal racketeering and state law fraud claims relating to the fund's investment in a grocery store chain filed in US District Court for the District of Missouri.
- Defense of investment firm in federal securities litigation seeking disgorgement of alleged short-swing profits filed in the US District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Representation of real estate holding company in connection with dispute with joint venture partner relating to Midtown luxury condominium building filed in New York state court.
- Representation of self-regulatory organization in responding to third-party subpoena in arbitration action.
- Defense of group of multi-national financial institutions in action alleging antitrust boycott conspiracy relating to the interest rate swaps market filed in the US District Court for the Southern District of New York.*
- Defense of multi-national financial institution in series of federal and state securities and common law fraud actions relating to underwriting and sponsorship of complex financial derivative products.*
- Defense of special committee in federal securities litigation filed in the US District Court for the District of Oregon and state stockholder derivative litigation filed in the Delaware Court of Chancery relating to sale of leading saw chain and equipment manufacturer to private equity and investment firms. The Court of Chancery granted the motion to dismiss with prejudice, and the Supreme Court of Delaware affirmed.*
- Defense of buyer group in stockholder derivative litigation challenging M&A transaction filed in the Delaware Court of Chancery. The Court of Chancery granted the motion to dismiss, and the Supreme Court of Delaware affirmed.*
- Representation of leading paper-based packaging solutions provider to enforce channeling injunction in the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York. The Bankruptcy Court enjoined all claims, and the US District Court for the Southern District of New York affirmed.*
*These representations took place during Rebecca's time associated with another law firm prior to her arrival at Fried Frank.
Prior to joining Fried Frank in 2020, Rebecca was an associate at an international law firm.