Cyril Touchard represents clients in commercial real estate transactions, with a particular emphasis on large commercial leasing on behalf of owners, developers, and financial institutions.
Cyril regularly advises landlords and tenants in connection with the leasing activity for newly constructed property and headquarters transactions. Clients also seek his counsel in connection with acquisitions, and dispositions and financings.
Clients benefiting from Cyril’s sophisticated commercial real estate counsel include Related Companies, RXR Realty, SL Green Realty Corp., Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Brookfield, and George Comfort & Sons.
The Legal 500 US recognizes Cyril in the Real Estate category.
- Related Companies in its lease of over 1,200,000 square feet to Deutsche Bank at the Time Warner Center in New York City.
- Related Companies in its leasing of over 1,500,000 square feet in the Hudson Yards project on the far West Side of Manhattan, including 410,000 square feet to L'Oreal USA; 195,000 square feet to The Boston Consulting Group; 85,000 square feet to Boies, Schiller & Flexner LLP; 690,000 square feet to Coach Inc.; 130,000 square feet to Cooley LLP; and 300,000 square feet to Point72 Asset Management.
- SL Green Realty Corp. in connection with its 20-year, approximately 100,000-square-foot lease to law firm McDermott Will & Emery at One Vanderbilt Avenue in the New York City, the 1,401-foot commercial office tower across from Grand Central Terminal.
- JPMorgan Chase, as tenant, in its retail and office leases for over 400,000 square feet at 390 Madison Avenue in New York City.
- Shiseido Americas, as tenant, in its office lease for over 250,000 square feet at 390 Madison Avenue.
- Brookfield Asset Management in its acquisition of a 100% leasehold interest in 666 Fifth Avenue's office condo, a 1.5-million-square-foot building in New York City.
- The Blackstone Group in its $1 billion financing from Royal Bank of Canada relating to its acquisition of the Alecta portfolio of 17 assets across the US.
- C&K Properties and David Werner in a $1.65 billion dollar joint venture acquisition and financing with RXR Realty of 1285 Avenue of the Americas in New York City.
- Mountain Development Corp. in its lease to Lowenstein Sandler LLP of 155,000 square feet at 56 Livingston Avenue, Roseland, New Jersey.
- Hiro Real Estate in its $875 million sale of its ground lease of 150 East 42nd Street in New York City to an investor group led by David Werner.
- Hiro Real Estate in its lease to Wells Fargo Bank of 275,000 square feet at 150 East 42nd Street.
- Lehman Real Estate Holdings in its $810 million sale of 237 Park Avenue in New York City, the $103.5 million sale of 816 Congress Avenue in Austin, Texas and the $76.5 million sale of Austin Centre at 701 Brazos Street in Austin, Texas.
- Centerbridge Partners, The Blackstone Group and Paulson & Co. in their $3.92 billion acquisition and financing of Extended Stay Hotels.
- IDB Group in its office lease to Baker & McKenzie LLP of approximately 105,800 square feet and its retail leases to Staples, Inc. and Panera Bread of approximately 17,657 square feet and 6,000 square feet, respectively, at 452 Fifth Avenue.
- The Moinian Group in its $325 million sale of 95 Wall Street in New York City.
- RXR Realty, as landlord, in its general leasing activities in numerous first class office buildings in New York City.