is a corporate partner in the Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity Practice, resident in Fried Frank's Washington, DC office.
Ms. Gede-Lange represents private equity firms, investors and public and private companies in domestic and cross-border transactions, including leveraged buyouts, stock purchases, asset purchases, divestitures, carve-out transactions, joint ventures and recapitalizations. She also advises clients on corporate governance issues, securities laws compliance and general corporate matters. Also, she is head of the sustainability committee in New York and assists in the M&A knowledge management function at the firm.
Ms. Gede-Lange regularly advises public and private companies and private equity firms. Her recent representations include:
- Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division in its investment through its fund West Street Capital Partners VII in Slickdeals, a Las Vegas, NV-based consumer-driven deal sharing platform; additional counsel on its acquisition of Sterling Talent Solutions (formerly SterlingBackcheck), and Sterling Talent Solutions in its subsequent acquisitions of TalentWise in 2016 and SureID in 2017.
- CVC Growth Fund on its US$328 million acquisition of VelocityEHS and a controlling stake in BOLT Solutions.
- Thomson Reuters on its acquisition of Clarient Global LLC and Avox Limited.
- New Mountain Capital on numerous engagements including its acquisition of Convey Health Solutions, the merger of its two portfolio companies Avantor Performance Materials and NuSil Technology LLC, and its recapitalization of JDA Software Group, Inc. through a US$570 million equity investment by affiliates of Blackstone and New Mountain.
- Media General on its US$4.6 billion merger with Nexstar Broadcasting Group.
Honors & Awards
Ms. Gede-Lange was recently listed among The Legal 500’s Next Generation Lawyers in recognition of her private equity experience.
Bar Admissions/Licensed Jurisdictions
Admitted only in New York and Ontario; not admitted in the District of Columbia; supervised by a member of the District of Columbia Bar.