Jennifer A. Yashar
is a partner in the Real Estate Department, resident in Fried Frank's New York office. She joined the Firm in 2005.
Ms. Yashar's practice covers a broad range of commercial real estate transactions, including commercial leasing for both landlords and tenants, acquisitions, dispositions, and joint ventures. She routinely counsels owners, developers, financial institutions, and corporations.
Recent representations include high-profile projects such as:
- Brookfield Properties in the leasing of Manhattan West, a proposed US$20 billion development expected to include 7-million-square-feet of office space spanning 5 acres in the Hudson Yards District, including a 20 year lease of 550,000 square feet to Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, a 160,000-square-foot lease to the NHL, and a 250,000-square-foot least to Accenture. Ms. Yashar also represented Brookfield in the lease up of 250 Vesey Street to tenants such as Jones Day, The College Entrance Examination Board, Jane Street Capital, The Bank of Nova Scotia; and in a lease of 350,000 square feet to The Bank of New York Mellon for their new global headquarters at 225 Vesey Street; both buildings are part of Brookfield Place (f/k/a World Financial Center).
- New Water Street Corp., the owner of 55 Water Street, in connection with a 1.1 million-square-foot lease extension with McGraw Hill Financial Inc., the parent of Standard & Poor's.
- 21st Century Fox and News Corp. in connection with their lease renewals and extensions totaling more than 1.2 million square feet at 1211 Avenue of the Americas.
- UBS in the renewal of its 900,000-square-foot lease at 1285 Avenue of the Americas through 2033 and in connection with the leasing of all of its major facilities, including the leasing of 700,000 square feet at Lincoln Harbor, Weehawken, NJ; 500,000 square feet at One North Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL; 120,000 square feet at each of 787 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY and 600 Washington Boulevard, Stamford, CT; and a lease extension for 114,000 square feet at 299 Park Avenue.
- Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy LLP in connection with the law firm's relocation from Downtown Manhattan to 250,000 square feet at 55 Hudson Yards.
- Kaye Scholer LLP as tenant in the leasing of 250,000 square foot at 250 West 55th Street in New York City.
- UBS in the sale of its one-half interest in the 1.1 million square foot office building at 299 Park Avenue in New York City.
- RXR Realty in various joint ventures with respect to the acquisitions of 450 Lexington Avenue and 620 Avenue of the Americas in New York City.
Honors & Awards
Ms. Yashar was recently recognized in Real Estate Forum's “Fifty Under 40,” an honor that recognizes the 50 best-in-class young commercial real estate professionals, and in Real Estate Weekly’s 2018 list of Rising Stars in Real Estate. She is a member of The American Lawyer's Young Lawyer Editorial Board.
Bar Admissions/Licensed Jurisdictions