David L. Shaw
is a corporate partner resident in Fried Frank's New York office. He joined the Firm in 1998 and became a partner in 2006.
Mr. Shaw's practice primarily focuses on private equity transactions and mergers and acquisitions representing both private equity firms and public and private companies.
Mr. Shaw's significant, recent representations include:
- Onex on numerous engagements including its acquisition of a significant stake in PowerSchool Group and PeopleAdmin; its acquisition of a majority interest in WireCo Worldgroup; its acquisition of Emerald Expositions from Nielsen (including Emerald's recent IPO and numerous add-on acquisitions); its acquisition of Jack's Family Restaurants; its investment in Advanced Integration Technology and its investment in BBAM Aircraft Leasing and Management.
- HPS Investment Partners on its minority investment in NFP and its acquisition of Harvest Food Distributors.
- Harvest Food Distributors in its acquisition of Sherwood Food Distributors.
- Advanced Integration Technology in its acquisition of Nova Tech Engineering business of Teal Sales and its acquisition of the North American aerospace business of KUKA Systems.
- Brookfield Asset Management in its acquisition of Simply Storage and its acquisition of Capital Automotive Group.
- BBAM Aircraft Leasing and Management and Onex in connection with GIC's investment in BBAM.
- All Vision on the sale of its existing outdoor advertising business in Canada, Dynamic Outdoor, to OUTFRONT Media.
- Terex Corporation on the US$1.3b sale of its Material Handling and Port Solutions business to Konecranes.
- AEA Investors on numerous engagements including in its acquisitions of 1-800 Contacts and 24 Hour Fitness.
- Del Taco on its US$500m sale to Levy Acquisition Corp (a SPAC).
- Interline Brands, a portfolio company of Goldman Sachs Capital Partners and P2 Capital Partners, on its US$1.625b sale to The Home Depot.
Member, American Bar Association
Bar Admissions/Licensed Jurisdictions