is a partner in the Corporate Department and the Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity Practice. He has a broad range of experience in a variety of corporate finance transactions including public M&A, private M&A, equity capital market transactions, joint ventures, and corporate restructurings. He joined the firm as a partner in 2018.
Mr. Lopez has represented companies in numerous industries including financial services, media & telecom, insurance, healthcare, and consumer goods, among others.
His recent representations at his prior firms include:
- Domino's Pizza Group plc in multiple matters including: the acquisition of controlling interests in Domino's Iceland, Sweden, and Norway; and the acquisition of Joey's (the largest pizza brand in Germany) and its subsequent German joint venture with Domino's Australia.
- Guardian Media Group plc in connection with its digital advertising joint venture with The Telegraph Group, News International, and Reach (f/k/a Trinity Mirror).
- LumiraDx Group in connection with finance raises.
- UBM plc, Beazley Plc and WPP Plc in their respective redomiciliations to Ireland.
- Beazley Plc in its £150 million rights issue and on its purchase of First State Management Group Inc.
- NASDAQ Inc in its £4 billion hostile bid for the London Stock Exchange.
- Merrill Lynch and Cazenove in British Telecom's £6 billion rights issue - the first rights issue into CREST.
- UBM plc in multiple matters including: its £383 million sale of NOP; the £450 million sale of its regional newspapers; its proposed £8 billion merger with Carlton Communications plc; its £1.3 billion sale of its TV assets to Granada Plc; and the £160 million sale of its data services business to Electra Partners.
- Domtar Corp in its €180 million purchase of the Attends Healthcare Group.
Honors & Awards
Mr. Lopez has been recognized by The Legal 500 UK as someone who ‘makes deals happen,’ specifically for his handling of corporate mandates in the media sector.
Bar Admissions/Licensed Jurisdictions
England & Wales