Julian S.H. Chung
is a finance partner resident in Fried Frank's New York office.
Ms. Chung focuses her practice on the representation of large financial institutions and borrowers in commercial lending transactions, with an emphasis on senior secured finance for leveraged acquisitions. She also represents financial institutions and debtors in connection with restructurings and refinancing existing credit facilities.
Recent examples of Ms. Chung's work includes advising:
- Barclays Bank PLC in a credit agreement that allows American Realty Capital Global Trust II, Inc. to increase its borrowings up to US$1.25 billion.
- Barclays Bank PLC, as agent, in US$1.825 billion first/second lien secured credit facilities for a borrower specializing in automotive dealership properties.
- United States Treasury Auto Task Force in negotiating and supervising all debtor-in-possession (DIP) and exit financings for both the General Motors and Chrysler restructurings. General Motors' US$33.3 billion DIP financing is the largest DIP financing in history.
- LyondellBasell Industries in its US$6.5 billion DIP financing, the largest bank-financed DIP financing in history, and its subsequent US$8 billion bank and high yield notes exit financing.
- JPMorgan, as agent, in the out-of-court restructuring of US$1.8 billion senior secured credit facilities for an international resort company.
Ms. Chung is recognized as a leading practitioner in Legal 500
in Finance: Commercial Lending. Ms. Chung is a member of the Firm's Diversity Committee as well as the Women's Forum Planning Committee, a representative group directing Fried Frank's Firmwide women's affinity group.
Honors & Awards
Ms. Chung is recognized as a leading practitioner in bank lending by Legal 500 and The American Lawyer has named her one of the top lawyers under the age of 45.
Bar Admissions/Licensed Jurisdictions