Simon J. Elkharrat
is a real estate associate in Fried Frank's New York office.
Mr. Elkharrat represents owners, developers, financial institutions, institutional investors, and real estate investment trusts in a broad range complex commercial real estate transactions, including financings, acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, joint ventures, and development for commercial, mixed-use, residential, and hospitality properties and portfolios.
He has represented clients on numerous significant transactions, including:
- A joint venture led by Taconic Investment Partners LLC and including BFC Partners, L+M, and the Goldman Sachs Urban Investment Group in connection with its US$260 million loan from Square Mile Capital Management for the development of 202 Broome Street in the Essex Crossing development.
- Trinity Church Real Estate in its sale of a 49% interest in an 11-building portfolio of office properties to Norges and Hines for approximately US$1.56 billion in a transaction valuing the portfolio at approximately US$3.55 billion.
- Trinity Church Real Estate in connection with its US$580 million acquisition of the leasehold on 375 Hudson Street from Tishman Speyer.
- RFR Realty in connection with numerous financing transactions for properties in New York City.
- RXR Realty in a transaction with New York Presbyterian Hospital, the largest hospital in New York City, whereby the hospital will occupy over 500,000 square feet of office space at 237 Park Avenue, a 1.25-million-square-foot, 21-story office tower in midtown Manhattan.
- An institutional investor in connection with numerous acquisitions and financings of office, mixed-use, multi-family and industrial properties throughout the United States.
- Brookfield in connection with several projects, including the refinancing of 225 Liberty Street in New York City, the construction financing of 655 New York Avenue in Washington, DC, and the acquisition, development, and financing for its Greenpoint Landing development in Brooklyn.
Honors & Awards
Mr. Elkharrat was listed in Commercial Observer's 30 Under 30 feature as one of the “Top Leasing and Sales Professionals of 2018.”
Bar Admissions/Licensed Jurisdictions
New York; New Jersey