Our IP litigators have represented top companies in some of their most pressing intellectual property disputes in a variety of industries, including:
Automotive & Transportation
Consumer Electronics and Telecommunications
- Counsel to Amtrak in patent case relating to automatic telephone call processing technologies.
- Counsel to Daimler AG, Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC, and Mercedes-Benz U.S. International, Inc. in numerous matters concerning automotive technologies, including:
- A patent infringement case in the District of New Jersey involving driver drowsiness detection system. The summary judgment award in favor of our clients was affirmed on appeal in a frequently-cited published opinion.
- Numerous inter partes review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board concerning vehicle tracking and diagnostic systems, crash anticipation and mitigation systems, camera and radar technology, adaptive cruise control systems, hybrid engines, LED panel displays, and tail lights.
- A patent infringement case in the Northern District of Illinois also concerning a driver drowsiness detection system. Our clients were awarded judgment on the pleadings after the Court found the asserted patent to be invalid.
- A patent infringement case in the Central District of California concerning fuel injection technologies for diesel engines. Our clients prevailed on summary judgment after the Court found they did not infringe the asserted patents.
- A series of patent infringement cases in the Eastern District of Texas concerning pattern recognition and exterior monitoring systems.
- A multi-district infringement litigation consolidated in the District of Minnesota concerning vehicle tracking systems.
- A patent infringement case in the Eastern District of Texas concerning in-vehicle processors and wireless communications.
- A patent infringement case in the Central District of California involving hybrid propulsion systems, in-vehicle communication protocols, occupant classification systems, blind spot monitoring, and adaptive cruise control.
- A patent infringement case in the Eastern District of Texas concerning LED panel displays and tail light systems.
- A patent infringement case in the Eastern District of Texas concerning encryption of data transmitted over the Internet.
- Counsel to BEA Systems (now part of Oracle) against a large software vendor in a patent infringement litigation in the District of Delaware.
- Counsel to largest European Cable Telecom Provider on a certain extensive patent portfolio to determine relative values for a cross license.
- Counsel to Charter in patent litigation involving networking patents.
- Counsel to Interactive Television Company to provide competitive IP assessments in the areas of software, middleware and interactive advertising.
- Counsel to Motorola in disputes involving trade secrets, IP ownership, and breach of contract. We also represented Motorola in numerous patent infringement cases involving analog copy protection technology and cell phone technologies.
- Counsel to Nikon in a major photolithography patent case. The other party paid US$145 million to settle the case with Nikon. We also represented Nikon related entities in the US in patent litigation in the District of Delaware concerning digital processing in cameras, printers and PCs.
- Counsel to Patent Plaintiff in successful case against a major television programming company involving cable and satellite distribution technology.
- Counsel to Patent Plaintiff in a patent litigation relating to DVD players against a number of DVD manufacturers.
- Counsel to Petitioner in a Section 337 litigation at the US International Trade Commission involving bar code technology.
- Counsel to Primus Telecommunications in patent cases in the Eastern District of Texas, Eastern District of Virginia, and the District of Delaware concerning Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and mobile technologies.
- Counsel to Respondent in certain electrical connectors patent litigation case at the US International Trade Commission.
- Counsel to Vonage in multiple patent infringement litigations concerning VoIP technologies.
- Counsel to WebMD in patent litigation in the Central District of California concerning online health records management systems.Our client was awarded summary judgment after the Court found the asserted patents to be invalid.