International ArbitrationOur International Arbitration Practice operates on a global basis, with some of the most experienced lawyers practicing in the field today throughout our offices in the US and Europe.
We represent multinational corporations, international organizations and sovereign entities in cases brought under the rules of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and the International Centre for Dispute Resolution of the American Arbitration Association (AAA), as well as the London Court of International Arbitration, the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law, the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre, the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission, the Beijing Arbitration Commission, and the Korean Commercial Arbitration Board, among others.
Our lawyers handle international arbitrations ranging from the highest-profile cases to medium-sized and smaller disputes. Regardless of size, we leverage our knowledge of the relevant procedure and our appreciation for the different style of lawyering appropriate in the international arbitration context.
We work in a multicultural milieu, marshaling resources from different legal systems and the expanding body of international commercial law, combining them into an effective presentation of our client's case. We have handled disputes governed by the laws of Argentina, China, Denmark, France, Italy, Peru, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and the United Kingdom, as well as those governed by the Unidroit and general principles of international commercial law.
Our engagements have included:
- Commercial disputes raising claims of breach of contract and related tort claims of misrepresentation
- Disputes arising out of mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures
- Disputes relating to intellectual property, distribution agreements and licensing agreements
- Disputes raising claims of patent infringement
- Construction disputes of all kinds, including with respect to power plants, petrochemical plants, steel plants and semiconductor fabrication
- Disputes relating to takings of property without just compensation