Private Acquisitions and Private EquityFried Frank has one of the premier international private equity practices, with more than 100 attorneys actively engaged in various aspects of private equity transactions in the US and Europe.
We regularly provide counsel to prominent fund sponsors and investors on the full range of their investment-related activities, including fund formations, leveraged buyouts, consortium bids, syndications, and exit strategies.
We provide a comprehensive range of advice including:
- Structuring and tax planning of private investment funds
- Structuring acquisitions and acquiring businesses on behalf of private equity funds
- Structuring and making minority investments in private and public companies on behalf of private equity funds
- Structuring arrangements among investors in club deals and joint ventures
- Structuring and implementing exit strategies, including initial public offerings, spin-offs, leveraged recapitalizations and dispositions
- Providing corporate/commercial, securities, executive compensation, restructuring, financing and litigation support to portfolio companies
- Developing and implementing ownership incentives and compensation plans for management
We always seek effective commercial solutions, integrating our international and local law capabilities in capital markets, finance, tax and antitrust for all private equity matters. In particular, we leverage our considerable mergers and acquisitions experience and apply our keen understanding of the objectives and issues specific to the private equity industry in helping our clients structure their transactions.