For the 2023 Fried Frank Civil Right Fellowship, please email the below documents to email@example.com in a single PDF file in the order listed no later than Monday, November 14, 2022 by 11:59 pm EDT. Please name your file as the following "[Last Name, First Name]. Fried Frank Civil Rights Fellowship - MALDEF."
- Resume (please include your GPA if a numerical value is available)
- Copy of unofficial law school transcript
- Essay as described below (limit of 500 words)
- Two letters of recommendation*
- One from a law school faculty member
- One from an employer
- Legal writing sample (no word limit)
*We prefer that the letters of recommendation are included in the candidate's application. However, if a recommender wishes to submit their recommendation separately, they may email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select one or two civil rights issues of interest to you. Explain briefly why these issues are important to you and how you feel the Fellowship can serve as a vehicle to effect change in those areas, including how your experiences and/or skills may contribute to such change.
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Jacobson LLP
One New York Plaza
New York, NY 10004