is a real estate partner in Fried Frank's Washington, DC office. She joined the Firm in 2007.
Ms. Kelly represents prominent private and public commercial real estate investors and developers, office and retail tenants, investment funds, banks and other financial institutions in a broad range of real estate transactions. She advises her clients on all aspects of commercial real estate with a particular emphasis on large commercial leases for both landlords and tenants. Ms. Kelly also has worked extensively on acquisitions and dispositions of office buildings, apartment complexes and hotels, as well as joint ventures and real estate lending.
Ms. Kelly has represented various clients on significant transactions, including:
- Ernst & Young in connection with its 600,000-square-foot lease for its planned headquarters relocation to One Manhattan West in New York City.
- RXR Realty in a transaction with NewYork Presbyterian Hospital whereby the hospital will occupy over 500,000 square feet of office space at 237 Park Avenue in New York City.
- PBC USA in connection with its 548,000-square-foot lease to HSBC USA NA at 452 Fifth Avenue, a Class A office tower near Bryant Park in New York City.
- An affiliate of Carr Properties as landlord in a 700,000 square foot lease of a building to be constructed for Fannie Mae's new headquarters at 15th and L Streets in Washington, DC, replacing The Washington Post's current headquarters. The lease is the largest ever non-government lease in Washington, DC.
- Legends (owned by the Yankees and Cowboys) as tenant on its lease for the observatory deck at One World Trade Center from a joint venture between The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and The Durst Organization.
- Tishman Speyer in its agreement with Nike for the development of a new 600,000-square-foot centralized campus in Shanghai.
- American Bible Society as tenant in connection with its Philadelphia headquarters lease at 401 Market Street for its new home in Philadelphia.
- Capital One as tenant in connection with its New York headquarters lease at 299 Park Avenue from Fisher Brothers for approximately 250,000 square feet of office and ground floor retail space.
- Lehman Brothers on its sale of the Bond Building in Washington, DC to Nakash Holdings.
- Orda Management as landlord in its lease of approximately 200,000 square feet to Facebook at 225-233 Park Ave South near Union Square in New York City.
- Google as tenant in its 55,000 square foot lease for the company's Washington, DC headquarters.
- RXR Realty as landlord in its 40,000 square foot lease at 75 Rockefeller Plaza to American Girl for its new flagship store.
Honors & Awards
Ms. Kelly is recognized as an "Up & Coming" attorney in Real Estate by Chambers USA: The World's Leading Lawyers for Business, where she is described as “nothing less than spectacular, diligent and extremely effective.” She is also listed as a "Rising Star" in Real Estate in the 2016 and 2017 Washington, DC – Metro editions of Super Lawyers and in Real Estate Weekly's 2018 list of Rising Stars in Real Estate.
Bar Admissions/Licensed Jurisdictions
District of Columbia; Florida