is a special counsel resident in Fried Frank's New York office and a member of the Firm's Real Estate Department. He joined the firm in 2014.
Mr. Lifschitz counsels financial institutions, owners, developers, and domestic and offshore investors in a broad range of highly-complex commercial real estate transactions, including representing both borrowers and lenders on varying financing considerations including mortgage, mezzanine, and construction financings, preferred equity, and portfolio loans. He also represents clients in acquisitions and dispositions and in joint ventures relating to the development of commercial and residential properties.
His diverse list of clients includes RXR Realty, The Blackstone Group, The Children's Investment Fund, JPMorgan, and Starwood Property Trust.
Recent representations include:
- RXR Realty in connection with the following:
- US $463 million, to affiliates of Extell Development Company, to finance the construction and development of three residential and mixed use properties in Manhattan—555 Tenth Avenue, 500 East 14th Street and One Manhattan Square.
- The acquisition and financing of the one-million-square-foot building located at 32 Old Slip in New York City.
- US$200 million loan from Morgan Stanley to finance its acquisition of an office condo interest at 530 Fifth Avenue.
- Refinancing and equity recapitalization of 61 Broadway, a 33-story, 787,000-square-foot office tower in lower Manhattan.
- Blackstone in connection with its US$300 million mortgage loan to an affiliate of Extell Development Company in connection with Extell's acquisition and development of the property known as Central Park Tower, where Extell is constructing Manhattan's first Nordstrom department store, and a residential tower intended to be one of the tallest residential buildings in the Western Hemisphere.
- JP Morgan in its US$600 million mortgage and mezzanine financing relating to The Astor on West 75th Street in New York, NY; 88 and 90 Lexington Avenue, New York, NY; and The Metro on 53rd Street in New York, NY.
- Starwood Property Trust in its US$262 million construction loan for the development of more than 300 single family homes on a 195 acre site along the coast of the Pacific Ocean known as Marblehead in San Clemente, CA.
Bar Admissions/Licensed Jurisdictions
New York; New Jersey