Fried Frank's Technology Transactions group assists companies worldwide in acquiring, commercializing, using and protecting intellectual property assets and services. We combine a commitment to focused, efficient client service with a sophisticated corporate transactions practice and substantive intellectual property expertise.
Our seasoned technology transactions attorneys are uniquely positioned to evaluate the risks and opportunities presented by technology-focused business arrangements and handle a broad range of transactional matters that require a firm grasp of technology, IP and commercial law. We have extensive experience structuring and negotiating all types of domestic and cross-border technology and IP-focused commercial agreements, including licensing, services and outsourcing arrangements, as well as the technology aspects of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and other complex corporate transactions.
Our Technology Transactions group also supports companies in the development, management and assessment of intellectual property assets and services, providing strategic advice that maximizes our clients' competitive advantage and return on investment.
We regularly advise on technology and IP matters in collaboration with lawyers from Fried Frank's top-tier corporate, competition, tax, litigation and restructuring practices to provide seamless, 360-degree representation of many of today's leading multinational companies.
Our expertise includes:
- Technology and IP-focused commercial agreements, including:
- Licensing and outsourcing agreements
- Technology transfer agreements
- Consulting and development agreements
- Manufacturing, supply and distribution agreements
- Sponsorship, marketing and promotional agreements
- Patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret counseling
- Trademark and copyright portfolio development and management
- IP audits
- M&A, joint ventures, securitizations, financings and other complex corporate transactions
- Cross-border counseling
- Settlement and co-existence agreements resolving intellectual property disputes
- Non-disclosure arrangements
- Government contracts and subcontracts
- Data protection and privacy
- Internet and website counseling
- Social media / digital media